|Ordering Your Door or Entryway
Entryway Details & Definitions
A Posts- 1 1/2" strip of wood between door and sidelites. Used to hinge and latch door.
B Rail- Top and bottom of door or sidelite.
C Hinges- 3 ball bearing hinges in gold or antique brass.
D Style- Sides of door or sidelite.
E Moulding- (stick or raised) Stick is thin moulding attaching glass and door. Raised moulding is thick heavy moulding attaching glass to door.
F Mull covers- Decorative moulding to cover posts.
G T-astrigal- Decorative moulding with weatherstrip to seal doors when closed.
H Threshold or Sill- Comes in oak or metal (anodized aluminum). It is the threshold you walk across.
I Exterior Brick Mold- Decorative moulding between stucco or exterior siding and door jamb.
J Glazing of Glass- A process of adding layers to a glass panel for protection. There are two types: 1.) Dual- 1/8" tempered glass plus panel; 2.) Triple- 1/8" tempered glass plus panel.
K Header- The top of the jamb that sits on the legs.
Before placing an order take a look at our entryway diagram to familiarize yourself with jambs, thresholds, and t-astrigals. As you learn more, the diagram will help us guide you and your installer through the ordering process.
Here are some of the questions that we'll ask when it comes time to placing your order. If possible, please have the following information available when you call:
- Style of the door or sidelight that you are interested in.
- Wood preference (i.e. mahogany, oak, etc.).
- Size of the opening that the door will be installed into.
If the door you are purchasing is prehung, then we will need the:
- Rough opening size.
- Jamb size (height, width and depth).
- Type of threshold material (metal or oak).
- Type of hinges (gold or antique brass).
- Swing direction (left or right).see diagram below
- T-astrigal material- if applicable (wood or metal). A T-astrigal is the molding between double door.
Now you are ready to call us to place your order. Of course if you have any questions we encourage you to contact us. We are always happy to answer any questions that you may have. Click here to go to our contact page.